5 Gorgeous Ways To Select Outdoor Furniture
I have Springtime on my mind! This is a tough road to travel for an interior designer or anyone who lives in Chicago during the winter season. I want my clients to feel comfortable at all times, that includes telling me their honest opinion. I experience hesitancy sometimes when we are doing a project that requires outdoor furniture. My clients have said: we don’t have a long enough outdoor season, our summers are so unpredictable, we don’t live in Florida, should we even bother…I get it, I feel your pain too. However, we don’t have to live like monks (unless we are), yes Virginia, we can embrace the beautiful weather when it hits, so let’s get ready for warmer weather my little crocodiles!
- Get out of Dodge! Is the warm weather ever going to come? This is what I ask myself countless times from December to May, and sometimes still in June. It’s always refreshing to take a trip somewhere warm and sunny. Here are two gorgeous hotel rooms, but you can easily bring the outside in–even in the winter. There’s nothing more inspiring than being relaxed and enjoying some well-deserved time off for good behavior. This is the perfect way to begin the inspiration process, here are a two great examples.
You don’t have to live on an island or in the desert to employ some of these tricks. Why not try bringing nature in, consider neutrals or light colors, add greenery and light if you can, it will work wonders.
2. Having a great meal together is something most of us can agree upon. Many of us wish we had a terrific patio or terrace to entertain on. Not all of us have this lavish amount of space, but here are some tips we can use from any of these photos.
I really prefer round tables, look at this great lazy susan–genius!
This works very well in a more compact area
One of our clients has a huge pool area, this really helps when creating multiple groupings
Love this indoor/outdoor room, open the doors and let the breeze in!
Here is another great round table in a no-maintenance material
What a handsome mix!
3. Well now, let’s go out on a limb here…who doesn’t like to lounge around occasionally? Haha! Here are some gorgeous shots that are breathtaking as well as inspiring. So happy the sun is out today as I write this!
A nice mix of two different materials are shown on this furniture
These photos show there’s really nothing like teak!
Wicker and Teak, why not?
I find this quite ship-shape, ahoy!
Clean & Modern
4. The big obstacle I find as an interior designer is many of our clients lack the required space to lay out furniture. This is typical in Chicago and many other cities across the country, fear not–I have solutions for those of us who are spatially challenged!
Perfect grouping for a medium sized patio
This is perfect for a back porch, terrace, or fire escape if space allows
A compact dining solution in a happy orange
Stack chairs can be a real blessing
Sometimes all we have room for is a chair & table outside our door, this works!
5. I like to carve out little places to hide out, chill and take a breath, you’re welcome! Perhaps you have a little area we can convert into a delightful little haven.
Just outside the kitchen or a hidden corner of the yard
Perhaps off the driveway, behind the garage or near the pond
Perfect for those oddly small areas of hardscape
Why not seize the area off the kitchen for outdoor dining?
I hope these ideas will inspire you to enjoy the warmer weather. You don’t have to live in California or the south to enjoy your outdoor area. Cheers to warmer weather, ring me up–I know we can come up with the perfect solution for you!